Thursday 11 December 2008

MY NEW OBSESSION!

Lately I've decided (through a lot of inspiration through my fashion muse and DM representative Zsasino Gaborino Leaman of exposure London) that it's time i re-embraced my love for Doctor Martens classic 1460 8 holers. I used to wear them to school with lace tights and fishnets (back in 1999) and get hauled into the Year Heads office weekly to be told off about my unconventional and 'inappropriate' footwear. (Funny they never mentioned the holes in my tights. Obviously too risque (not to mention risky!) for them to bring that up...) Clearly channelling Alice D before she emerged like a butterfly from the grunge pool:
After Dr. Martens ran advertisements that depicted dead rock stars like Kurt Cobain of Nirvana and Joe Strummer of the Clash wearing its shoes in heaven, the musicians’ survivors (who had not granted permission) and fans were outraged. The outcry was so great that the British company that makes the shoes, AirWair International, issued an apology and fired its advertising agency, the London office of Saatchi & Saatchi, part of the Publicis Groupe.But now the brand has a new campaign, a new agency and fresh ambitions for a comeback.

HOORAY!
AND ON TOP OF ALLLLLLLL THAT, to celebrate the holiday season, the iconic brand have created an uber-boot to beat all boots: a limited edition 20 eye black shimmer leather 20-eye boot complete with festive red welt stitching and red laces! Only available from the flagship store (17-19 Neal Street, Covent Garden, WC2H 9PU) or online HERE. For more info contact my beautiful bestie Zarah at Exposure on 0207 907 7149.

So my feet have apparently shrunk into a UK3-4 (no doubt the product of my penchant for ridiculously high fetish stilettoes and all night partying) so i'm not too upset that I threw my size 5s out (I CURSE THE DAYS BEFORE eBay SELLING WAS EN VOGUE!) and I am soon to be acquiring a fabulous shiny pair of size 4s. Now I need to devote all of my time and energy on wearing the buggers in!
Any offers.... Alice? XXXXXXXXX

No comments: